Thursday, January 8, 2009

Bits n pieces


It is the rainy season. . .  

I’m staying with the Contes for a few days. . .

Brad and Linna arrive today. . .

Lemon grass tea is superb. . .

A flash drive is a “pen drive” here. . .

I learned that the first airplane was built by a Brazilian in France.

I’m trying to improve my vocabulary and grammar as quickly as possible. .

Steven Conte, the son of Salvador and Sueli Conte, is extremely talented with technology and is the proud owner of one of the only MACs in Manaus. He is also tinkering with my lap top to enable it to use internet again – on the occasions when I find service.

I asked Tia Sueli what she was making for lunch, and she replied bife de jacaré (alligator meat), but the twinkle gives her away. . . and the contents of the bowl – clearly oatmeal patties!

No comments:

Post a Comment